Ways to Listen
Listen to WRS on your DAB+ radio in Zurich, Geneva, Basel, Zug, Lucerne, Vaud, and Winterthur… with more regions coming soon!
Not sure what DAB+ is? There’s a bunch more info at the bottom of this page.
More and more listeners are tuning in to WRS online. You can stream WRS on your computer, on your phone, and in your car.
- At home: bookmark www.worldradio.ch/player and stream WRS 24/7 from our mobile responsive website.
- On the go: Download the WRS app, available for iPhone and Android! Listen from your phone or connect via bluetooth in your car.
- WRS is also available on all major radio streaming apps, such as TuneIn.
- Make sure to check your data subscription with your mobile provider.
DAB stands for Digital Audio Broadcasting. DAB+ is an upgrade to the older system that’s been in use in several European countries since the late 1990s.
You can buy a DAB+ radio at any major electronics retailer.
DAB+ radio stations are listed by name rather than frequency. Just scroll through the list of available stations on your DAB+ radio until you see “WRS” on the screen. Push "select” and you’re done.
Standard DAB radios will not receive DAB+. Make sure you buy a DAB+ radio. It will say DAB+ on the box or receiver.
DAB+ works using a network of lower powered transmitters dotted around the region – a bit like a mobile phone network. If you have a DAB+ radio in your car, or are using a portable receiver, it will find the strongest available signal and switch without you noticing. Thanks to digital technology, sometimes the receivers may use a combination of two or more transmitters at the same time, which makes the signal even more robust.
DAB+ in your car
Most new cars now come equipped with DAB+ radios but it’s also simple to upgrade your car for DAB+
The simplest and cheapest way to get DAB+ in your car is to install an adaptor. This is a separate unit which can be attached to the windscreen, similar to a sat nav. A low-powered FM transmitter in the unit will send the signal to your existing car radio.
For older cars with the ‘box’ style radio, you can buy a DAB+ radio to replace it.
For newer cars an auto repair professional can replace it for you. Your radio will be brought up to date, but will look the same.
There are currently four different DAB+ to FM adaptors that can be simply installed in any make of car:
- DAB Motion - has an advanced automotive interface that provides digital radio reception through your vehicle's existing audio system. Universal for any car radio. Plug and play, or hardwired installation.
- MediaDAB - PASER - allows you to transform your OEM FM radio into a real digital receiver. All functions are manageable from your car steering wheel commands. Professional installation needed.
- CALIBER PMT 700D - very simple 'plug and play' transmitter which can be easily plugged into your in-car power supply (such as a cigarette lighter) and programmed within a couple of minutes.
- Highway Pure - very simple 'plug and play' transmitters (like the Caliber) which can also be removed from the car to be used as a personal DAB radio set elsewhere.