- a little pepper
- 0.75 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. thyme leaves
- 1.5 tbsp. sugar
- 1 shallot, cut into thin strips
- 500 g cherry tomatoes (red, yellow, orange), cut in half
- 25 g butter, cut into pieces
- 1 puff pastry, rolled into a circle (approx. 32 cm in diameter)
Salt the tomato halves and steep for approx. 20 mins. Place the tomatoes in a sieve, drain. Mix the tomatoes and thyme, season. Sprinkle sugar over the prepared sheet of baking paper.
Caramelize for approx. 5 mins. in the centre of an oven preheated to 220°C, until the sugar is pale brown.
Remove the oven tray. Distribute the butter over the caramel, melt. Top with the tomatoes and shallots. Firmly prick the dough with a fork and lay loosely over the vegetables. Carefully push the edge of the dough in-between the tin edge and the covering.
Bake for approx. 20 mins. in the centre of the preheated oven. Remove and leave to stand for approx. 10 mins. Turn out the tarte tatin onto a round platter or a flat plate. Carefully peel off the paper.
- 1h 5 Preparation/cooking time: ca. 20m + Allow to brew: ca. 20m + Bake: ca. 25m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 383 Kcal