- salt and pepper to taste
- 0.25 tsp. salt
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- a little sea salt
- a little butter
- 100 g white flour
- 200 g brown lentils
- 0.5 dl water, cold
- 1 red chilli pepper, insides removed, chopped
- 1.5 tsp. ground coriander
- 1.5 tsp. cumin
- 150 g Pfälzer carrots cut in half lengthways if necessary, and then into 5-mm-thick slices
- 100 g celery, cut into 5-mm-thick slices
- 2 tsp. tomato puree
- 1.2 litre vegetable bouillon
In a bowl, mix the flour and salt, add the butter and rub by hand to form a crumbly mixture. Stir in the chilli. Add the water, and mix quickly to create a soft dough – do not knead. Flatten the dough, cover and leave to chill for approx. 30 mins.
Shape: Divide the dough into 8 pieces, sprinkle a little flour on the work surface and roll out into wafer-thin ovals. Place the flat breads on an oven tray lined with baking paper, sprinkle with salt.
Bake for approx. 10 mins. in the centre of an oven preheated to 200°C. Remove from the oven, cool on a cooling rack.
Melt the butter. Sauté the onion and garlic then add the spices and continue cooking. Add the carrot, celeriac and tomato puree and continue to sauté for approx. 2 mins. Pour in the stock, add the lentils and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for approx. 30 mins. Season the lentil soup.
Plate up the soup and serve with the flat breads.
- Soups / Casseroles
- 1h 35 Preparation/cooking time: ca. 55m + Refrigerate: ca. 30m + Bake: ca. 10m
- Servings For 4 people
- Nutrition 366 Kcal