- a little pepper
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 2 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 lime, use only the juice
- 1 red chilli, insides removed, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. dark soy sauce mixed in
- 2 chicken breasts (approx. 150 g each), cut in half and then into thin strips
- 1 tsp. peanut oil
- 1 carrots, grated with a rösti grater
- 2 spring onions, cut into thin rings
- 120 g bean sprouts
- 4 tbsp. raw sugar
- 1 tbsp. sambal oelek
- 30 g glass noodles, soaked for approx. 10 mins in cold water, drained
- 16 rice paper (approx. 16 cm, e.g. Suzi Wan)
- 1 tsp. Maizena cornflour including
For the marinade, combine the lime juice, soy sauce and pepper in a bowl, add the chicken strips, mix and marinate in the fridge for approx. 30 mins. Heat the oil. Sauté the carrot, spring onions, bean sprouts and chilli. Remove the meat from the marinade, pat dry, add the soy sauce, sambal oelek and cane sugar, mix and leave to steep for approx. 5 mins. Using kitchen scissors, cut the glass noodles into approx. 10 cm lengths, add to the filling, mix and leave to cool.
Briefly place 1 sheet of rice paper in hot water and lay out on a damp kitchen towel. Place around 3 tbsp of filling on top. Fold the rice paper inwards from both sides, roll up from the top, turn over, place on an oven tray lined with baking paper and brush with oil. Do the same with the other sheets of rice paper.
Bake for approx. 20 mins. in the centre of an oven preheated to 220°C. Remove from the oven, leave to cool slightly and serve.
Heat the oil, sauté the shallots and briefly add the tomato puree. Add the sambal oelek, cane sugar and lime juice. Mix the cornflour and add to the pan, stirring with a whisk, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for approx. 1 min. until the sauce has thickened. Serve the lime sauce with the spring rolls.
- Rice and Potato Dishes
- 1h 15 Preparation/cooking time: ca. 45m + Marinate: ca. 30m
- Servings For 16 pieces
- Nutrition 374 Kcal