On Air Now
UN Roundup

UN Roundup

11:20 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Hear a new episode of UN Roundup every Monday.If you have any questions for D...
Listen Live
Just Played
Health matters

Health matters

11:40 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
 
Next on WRS

Man thought to have died after eating listeria-infected cheese in hospital

National News // May 12, 2020

A man in hospital in canton Valais may have died after eating listeria-infected cheese during his stay.

Photo by Alice Donovan Rouse on Unsplash Man thought to have died after eating listeria-infected cheese in hospital

The man was being treated for cancer. 

While investigations are still going on, it's thought he ate Schwyzer cheese while at the main cantonal hospital in Sion. 

The hospital is confirming the man died due to a listeria infection – and a theory is it was from cheese served by the hospital. 

Three other patients also suffered a listeria infection. 

The cheese, from the company Käserei Vogel in canton Schwyz, has been removed from the market and federal health authorities have been informed.  

 

Related articles

Search