On Air Now
WRS Music

WRS Music

-
Music hits throughout the day
Listen Live
Just Played
BBC Newshour Extra

BBC Newshour Extra

5 a.m. - 6:30 a.m.
 
Next on WRS

Residents of Pratteln warned of toxic fumes

National News // July 1, 2019

Residents in Pratteln in canton Basel-Country have been given the all clear to open their windows after smoke from chemical factory fire spread over the region.

pixabay Residents of Pratteln warned of toxic fumes

The blaze broke out at the Galvaplast chemical plant yesterday afternoon. Locals were told to seal their homes and stay indoors because of the risk of toxic fumes.

The all clear was given overnight as the fire is now out. Measurements show there’s no danger.

One firefighter was injured. It’s unknown what caused the fire and investigations are underway.

Related articles

Search