Samsung investigates Swiss phone fire
The Korean electronics giant Samsung says it will investigate why one of their phones caught fire while charging in canton Vaud.
A spokesman for the company’s Swiss office says its asked for the phone for engineers to run tests.
The phone’s owner says she put the Galaxy S5 on charge late last week and then heard a bang and the room filled with smoke. She unplugged it and threw it onto the balcony.
The drama happened during the day, the owner says it could have been much worse if she put the phone on charge overnight.
No one was injured.