Sankt Gallen school fights bacteria skin infection
A school is Sankt Gallen is fighting a persistent infection.
Many students and staff have contracted Staphylococus aureus at the Engelwies school. It’s a bacterium which causes skin infections and has been an issue for the last several months.
It’s spread by bodily contact, such as hand shaking or in gym classes. It could also be picked up through infected surfaces.
The school is urging better hygiene practices, such as regular hand washing, and has told parents to watch out for redness or skin flaking.