Geneva explosion reported by US embassy
A brief panic was triggered in Geneva yesterday afternoon after the US embassy in Bern sent a report of an explosion in Eaux-Vives, near its consular office.
The American report was sent out by email, but was shared on social media by hundreds of users.
The bang was caused by a short-circuit in an electrical box and a manhole was thrown to the pavement. Police say there were no injuries or serious damage.
But the Americans were clearly taking no chances and kept their consular office closed for the rest of the day.