13-year-old boy dies in farm machine accident
A 13-year-old boy has died in Sankt Gallen after being pulled into a farm machine.
The accident happened on Saturday afternoon during a village festival in Schänis.
Police say the boy was with his mother feeding cows in the stable and climbed onto a hay stack to switch off the feed mixer. He fell into the machine.
Local authorities cancelled the weekend event. One councilor says it’s a very close knit community and everyone is shocked.
The boy’s family is receiving psychiatric support.