Fire causes panic in Geneva
Panic struck central Geneva yesterday afternoon when a fire broke out in a building near the main train station. Many suffered burns and firefighters had to rescue screaming people from balconies while imploring them not to jump.
The fire broke out on the rue de Malatrex at 5pm yesterday.
Six people were taken to hospital for burn treatment and smoke inhalation.
Investigations are underway to find out how the fire started - the building is said to be severely damaged.