Electrical fault to blame for supermarket in Grottes
An electrical fault is being blamed for a fire which destroyed a supermarket in the Grottes district of Geneva on Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters were initially hampered as they couldn't switch off the power so they could start to douse the flames.
Witnesses say the shop on the Avenue Louis Favre is destroyed, as well as its stock. Neighboring shops also suffered smoke damage and will be closed for a few days.
Traffic was diverted for two hours.
There were no injuries, but one woman was treated for shock.