What's on at the UN? Universal Children's Day
- UN Photo / Jean-Marc Ferré - World Children's Day
- Michael Møller, Director-General of the United Nations Office at Geneva with 5 Youth from Step into Action and 5 youth from
- Kids United in the Office of the Direcftor-General during the World Children's Day. 20 November 2017.
Daniel's roundup today includes news of a special Human Rights Council session on Myanmar taking place this coming Thursday. Also some preliminary information on Syria talks, which will begin again next Monday.
In the mean time, there's several important announcements and press conferences taking place at the Palais des Nations today, including:
- The launch of new report Global Employment Trends for Youth 2017 (ILO)
- The launch of WIPO Intellectual Property Report 2017: “Intangible Capital in Global Value Chains”
- Publication of the Least Developed Countries Report 2017 (UNCTAD)
Also, the Palais is being taken over by kids today as part of Universal Children's Day. French pop group Kids United are on-site.
Former UN Secretary General Kofi Anann will talk next Wednesday 29th November at an open event on the Global State of Democracy, with UN partner International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (IDEA).
- When: Wednesday 29 November 2017, 12:00 - 13:30
- Where: Room XVIII, Building E, 1st Floor - Palais des Nation, Geneva
Registration in advance is essential.