ART SEEN - Uli Van Neyghem - an open house event
As always, Steph Fonteyn has been out and reporting back about what not to miss on the art scene. This time, she's been in a homely atmosphere, where local artist Uli Van Neyghem exhibits her work in an open house atmosphere.
It's a one day only on Sunday 15th November from 2pm - 7pm at the artist's house in Céligny
Artist, Uli Van Neyghem, opens the doors of a renovated farmhouse to exhibit and sell over 30 acrylic paintings in the setting of her beautiful home. There is a common theme in Uli’s work, they all capture a precious moment in time. The paintings are calm and are about taking the time to stop and enjoy.
What makes this exhibition really interesting?
· It’s not everyday that we are given an opportunity to visit an artist’s studio
· The farmhouse is yet another of the artist’s masterpieces. Discover the artist’s story about how nature inspired the renovation.
· The artist’s philosophy about art being something you want to live with, with a calming effective, versus a provocative piece.
· See Uli’s famous Swiss Cows collection that she created for Comptoir Swiss around the theme of femininity and discover why the artist finds the Swiss Cows fascinating.
· The beautiful lake scenes, but not your typical summer’s day view, more like calm, fresh and silvery winter views.
· Her contemporary interpretations of still life that play with the fragile and translucent nature of reflections. The play between light and shadow can be perceived as a metaphor for the fragile and flickering balance of life.
· Genre paintings capturing mini timeouts: The first rays of sunshine, the first coffee of the year or waiting for a bus with strangers. The artist balances visually busy scenes by focussing on moments of “pause”.
Yes, Steph is a foodie… Restaurant "Beef & Chill" in Céligny serve great Thai food on Sundays for lunch or dinner. Her favourite is the Basilic Thai chicken. During the week they serve great burgers, British fish & chips and more.
The practical details:
Open House Exhibition with artist Uli Van Neyghem
When: 15 November 2015 from 2pm to 7pm
Address: 30 Route des Coudres, Céligny 1298
Parking: Céligny Cemetery, opposite Beef & Chill Restaurant